Sunday, January 24, 2010

Star Valley Matches

Davis Middle School, Evanston, Wyoming, and Jackson Hole Middle School came to Star Valley for an after school match last week. Kim ran home to get some food for kids and forgot to leave me the camera, so we missed Corey tech fall (beat his opponent by 15 points) his Jackson kid and Tyler beat his Davis kid 12-0. I got Tyler's last match, an exhibition match, with a Jackson kid. Tyler came up with a new move I dubbed "THE CRAPPING EAGLE". It isn't recommended for just anyone to try--kind of like stunts in the movies; best leave them up to the professionals! Well, Tyler is the professional and you can see NO ONE wants to try this
move.

It's name originates from the "arms-spread-wide" stance with "your-head-near-your-knee" posture that reminds me of a majestic eagle ready to drop a load while soaring! It was also meant to alleviate the frustration Tyler felt after loosing this match. He didn't laugh about it for a few days, but now sees humor in it like I hoped he would. After all, this IS just a game!

He was ready to kill someone after the loss, so I sent him up on the deck to work out. I figured standing around clenching your fists and trying to find something to kill wasn't very productive, so we focussed his energy into a workout! I found him doing sprints, push-ups, deep squats, sit-ups, and v-ups when I got up there. Emotionally he was pretty fried for a few hours. I'M HAPPY I WASN'T THIS COMPETITIVE AND TOOK LOSSES WITH GRACE! I never punched myself, lockers, walls, other people; I was as good of a loser as I was a winner! Right mom? My sister Sarah can vouch for me if my mom can't!

He has rebounded nicely and the loss is chalked up as a good "learning experience". Enjoy!

Tyler vs. Jackson Hole Round 1

Tyler vs. Jackson Hole Round 2 "The Crapping Eagle"

No comments:

Post a Comment