Thursday, May 26, 2011

Steelheading with Jared and Lyndie

I promised Jared and Lyndie I'd take them fishing when the steelhead started piling into Deer Creek. We finally had our chance one rainy day. The river was a little high, but not bad. We fished for an hour or so. I picked up a fish half way through. I handed Jared the rod and he fought it in by himself. I had to grab his jacket a few time to keep him from going in the river. The 27 inch buck was a bruiser in the fast current. With me trying to hold on to Jared and land the fish I didn't get any video of the fight. I did get some footage of us leaving, as well as the steelhead in the trap at the fish hatchery. Unfortunately I didn't hook one for Lyndie, we will have to work on her next season. With the Chinook run being another good one, maybe I'll get her tied into one of those!







No comments:

Post a Comment